- Each person must post 11 things about themselves by answering the questions that the nominator has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
- Choose 11 people (with less than 200 followers) and link to them in your post.
- Go to their page and let them know (or contact them through social media).
- No tag backs!
1. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Lately, I've really enjoyed it as a hobby. Since I stopped working it has given me something I can sit down and focus on, which is a pretty fantastic feeling when the only other items on your to-do list require windex and rubber gloves!
2. Recommend three blogs.
These are three that I check fairly frequently:
I grew up in a very rural town, so I got used to having a maze of back roads to explore. When I'm having a bad day, I grab the keys, pick up an iced tea, and hit the road. It's therapeutic for me and, on the off-chance I get lost, it can be pretty exciting too.
4. If you could settle down anywhere in the world where would it be?
Probably the Pacific Northwest. I'm not a huge fan of bigger cities, but I've fallen in love with some of the smaller towns in Oregon and Washington while visiting family. The weather is milder, there's actual snow, and it stays green year-round. What can beat that?
5. Is there any meaning behind your middle name?
Not that I'm aware of, I think my parents thought it "flowed well" with my first name, haha.
6. What are your go-to care package items?
Gum! D loves gum and never, ever remembers to buy it. I also usually throw in packets of seasoned tuna and jerky since it makes an easy and filling snack in between meals. There's also always a handwritten letter and some energy shots as well.
7. When you're having a rough day, what calms you down or centers you?
It really depends. Some days prayer helps, some days I'll write, and then some days the only thing that helps is grabbing D and getting out of the apartment. We'll go window-shopping or grab a bite to eat; usually the break in routine is enough to lighten the mood again.
8. Outside of your family, who is your personal hero and why?
I don't really have any, to be honest. I think when I was younger, I had too many and almost all of them ended up in some sort of media scandal, haha! So eventually I stopped looking for them. There are a lot of people in my life with qualities that I admire, though. I have friends who struggle with illness every day, yet are some of the most caring and selfless people I've met. I have friends who have lost loved ones and have grown stronger in their faith through grieving. These are all characteristics that I would hope to emulate someday.
9. Are you a sports fan? Who do you root for?
Haha, no, not really. Don't get me wrong, I would never turn down attending a game, but I just haven't been able to get into sports enough to watch it on TV or pick a team.
10. What's on your duty station wishlist (any duty station regardless of whether or not your military member can actually be stationed there or not)?
I really liked the idea of Whidbey Island, since I've lived nearby there before and know my way around. I also liked the idea of San Diego for the same reason. There aren't many duty stations that I was really crossing my fingers for, but I chalk that up to nervousness more than anything else. I'm excited to go just about anywhere- except Mississippi, I would be 100% okay not coming back here.)
11. What's your favorite thing about being a military spouse/significant other?
D gets a lot of fulfillment out of being in the military, and most days that's enough for me. I don't think many people get to have that "aha!" moment that he had, where he just knew this is what he was supposed to do. As a wife, knowing my husband feels content in his job is a wonderful feeling. Now, on days where that isn't enough, I enjoy how cheap my foundation is at the NEX ;)
Alright! Here are 11 questions for the blogs I'm nominating (who I'll link to at the bottom)
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What was your favorite vacation spot when you were younger?
3. Describe your perfect day.
4. What's your favorite thing about yourself?
5. What is the best restaurant in your town?
6. Is there a hobby/sport you've always wanted to try, but haven't? If so, why not?
7. Do you have any siblings? If so, what is your relationship like with them?
8. What is your favorite holiday?
9. What family recipe (from your parents/grandparents) have you passed on (or plan to pass on) to your family?
10. Which material item in your home do you cherish the most?
11. What do you do on rainy days?
(I know, I know, I'm supposed to have 11. I'll get there!)